The CHECK24 tech scholarship for students
Time to get busy!
The GenDev Scholarship was established to support aspiring students in the field of computer science to focus on what truly matters: implementing real tech projects. We strongly believe that hands-on experience and working on production code at a young age is the cornerstone to building great software solutions later in life.
applications are open until 31st of August 2022
450€ monthly for a period of 12 months for more time and flexibility to implement your software projects and improve your skills. Through this we hope to inspire your passion for software development.
Share your love for lean software solutions with like-minded people: We invite you to exciting tech talks and events at our Munich office. Meet other IT students or exchange ideas with our software developers who have been successfully developing software for years.
Work & Learn
Working on your own software projects all the time is not challenging enough anymore? If you are curious and interested in working on production code, we will find an exciting project for you in one of our many software teams. We do not stand in the way to let you write important code, as long as you really want to.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for students who love to code. People who do not only talk about it, but coders who like to ship. These are the students we would like to support with the GenDev scholarship.
- We take responsibility to shape the future generation of developers.
- We take pride in supporting, training and motivation young developers.
- We meet at eye level and take your ideas and work serious.
- We believe in radical candor to help you grow - therefore, we will give you honest feedback.
- You don´t commit to us as an employer by applying and receiving the scholarship.
- We expect you to constantly expand your skills.
- We believe that the best way to increase your skills is to work on production code and learn on-the-job.
- We will make you an offer to gain relevant experience in one of our software developer teams - We do not stand in the way to let you write important code.
To apply, you...
- are studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- are experienced in at least one programming language.
- actually build software and you know (or are curious to learn) what it means to run software in a production environment.
- live in or around Munich area.
- love to code.
1. Online application form
You will be asked to complete a short online application. Fill in your contact details & some short general information regarding your studies. Show us one of your own tech projects you are particularly proud of or take part in our coding challenge. Tell us why you should receive the scholarship & convince us that you love to code.
2. We invite you to visit us
If you convinced us with your story, we will schedule a meeting with you in person. In an one-hour interview, we will challenge your tech skills and find out whether we share the same love for solving complex technical challenges.
3. You hear back from us
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their submitted tech projects and their passion for shipping code to production.